After careful examination of the foot, mark all areas that will require modifications with an indelible pencil. This will be transferred to the Levy®Foam impression to provide Levy & Rappel® with more information. In addition, you may draw a line bisecting the calcaneus so that we will have a reference line called ‘Neutral’.
1. Seat the patient. Establish a 90° angle at the knee. Be sure that the patient is seated far forward on the chair so that pressure can be exerted freely above the knee to assure a deep impression with control.
2. Instruct the patient to relax and allow you to apply even pressure. The patient should be instructed NOT TO ASSIST in exerting pressure.
3. Hold the lateral and medial malleolus assuring a neutral positioning of the Talus and exert pressure from above the knee. Press heel deeply into the Levy®Foam.
4. The depth of the Levy®Foam impression should be governed by the height of the longitudinal arch. Covering this important area will assure an accurate ‘positive’ cast. Press the foot down to the bottom of the box.
5. Maintain the limb at 90°. Press the instep down into the Levy®Foam with uniform pressure.
6. Complete foot impression by pressing on the Dorsum of the toes, plantar flexing the toes into the Levy®Foam material down to the bottom of the box.
7. If there are any gaps between the foot and Levy®Foam impression due to movement of the foot while located in the foam, you may press the foam “inward” towards the foot. This will close the gaps and insure a more accurate cast and better contact in our orthosis.
8. Remove the patient’s foot from the Levy®Foam impression without distorting the material and repeat with the other foot. If indelible pencil was used to mark specific areas, please go over these marks again to insure that they will be accurately transferred to the positive cast.
Purchase a case (10 boxes) of Levy®Foam from us and never buy again.
Free replacement for life.